My April Foodie Pen Pals package is here!
If you missed my first Foodie Pen Pals post in February, you can check out what this fun foodie package swap program is all about here: My First Foodie Pen Pals Experience. You can also see what I got in my March Foodie Pen Pals package which arrived not long ago.
This month I was paired with the lovely Áine from Ireland. It was my first package to come from a country other than Lithuania so I was excited to see what would be inside. Áine asked me what kind of items I liked and I told her I would be delighted to try to Irish foods (especially since I’ve never been to Ireland).
Áine posted the package on April 20, the official Foodie Pen Pals package sending day. I was completely surprised when our buzzer rang on April 22 announcing the arrival of the package – I couldn’t believe that it had arrived so quickly!
After tearing into my package, I joyfully arranged all the items on the floor (much like I did as a kid when organizing my Halloween candy). Here are the treats that I got this month all the way from Ireland:
- Cheese and onion crisps (aka chips ) – these were the first things devoured out of the package. They were really yummy and reminded me of sour cream and onion chips which I haven’t had in ages.
- Dairy Milk Golden Crisp chocolate bar – Áine said that this is a popular treat in Ireland and I can see why!
- Microwave popcorn – I’m looking forward to enjoying this during a movie night.
- Rooibos tea with honeybush and caramel flavours – I love tea time and can’t wait to try this kind to mix it up from my usual Earl Grey or English Breakfast.
- Miso soup mix – Áine gave me instructions to mix this with boiling water. I’m crazy about miso soup and order it whenever I go out for sushi so I can’t wait to try this at home.
- Pumpkin snack bar – It tasted like a spicy pumpkin pie – yum!
- Smoked almonds – I haven’t tried these yet but I’ll probably enjoy these during movie night, too!
Thanks so much Áine for a great package!
My partner this month was Gillian from the Scottish borders. She is a lactose intolerant coeliac so she can’t eat wheat, gluten or dairy. I had fun searching for items that she could enjoy and picked out some Katjes bunny gummy candies (which I first tried in Berlin on the Berlin Food Tour and loved), caramelized macadamia nuts, jelly beans, chewy candies, dried mangos, dried berry mix and rosemary sea salt chips. I hope she enjoyed it!