Time for another Foodie Pen Pals package!
If you missed my first Foodie Pen Pals post in February, you can check out what this fun foodie package swap program is all about here: My First Foodie Pen Pals Experience. You can also read about what I got in my March Foodie Pen Pals and April Foodie Pen Pals packages.
This was my first month to receive a package from England. Given that most participants in the Foodie Pen Pals program are from the UK, I was a little surprised that I hadn’t been matched with someone from England sooner. (Now that I think of it, though, I have sent all of my packages to the UK – 2 to England and 2 to the Scottish Borders).
For the month of May I was matched with the lovely Ruth from London, England. She, like me, is a big fan of baking so I knew from the get go that it would be a great match!
She completely spoiled me with one of the yummiest packages that I have received to date:
- Whitworths fruit and nut packs – These are probably my favourite items in the package. Great for a little snack between meals or a post workout nibble. My favourite so far has been the Orange & Chocolate Seed Shot.
- BBQ flavour Pop Chips – S completely devoured these!
- Metcalfe’s skinny corncakes – I ate these yesterday as a snack. Nice and light, savoury cakes (similar to rice cakes). Yummy!
- Itsu dark chocolate rice cakes and crispy seaweed thins – I’ve never heard of this brand before but it seems like they have a collection of Asian/healthy snacks. Can’t wait to try these!
- Eat Natural almond and apricot bar – Looks delicious! Will probably be eating this today after my workout.
- Homebaking marshmallows – Marshmallows are bit hard to come by in Germany so I’m looking forward to sprinkling these into a warm mug of hot chocolate!
- Seriously nutty pistachio, hazelnut & almond milk chocolate bar from Waitrose – My Canadian friend Lacey (who lives in England) called this bar ‘heaven’ when she saw my Foodie Pen Pals reveal pic on Instagram. I haven’t tried it yet but I know I will most likely get addicted to it. (Bonus – it’s Fair Trade!)
- Sherbet fountain – Ruth says that this is a sweet she enjoyed when she was little. You bite the end off the liquorice straw and then you suck the sherbet through it. I’m pretty curious to find out what this tastes like because I can’t really image it. Liquorice-y? Sherbet-y? There’s only one way to find out!
Thank you so much Ruth for a fantastic package!
My partner this month was Aimee from the Scottish Borders. She was quite open to receiving anything and said that she liked sweet, savoury and rich flavours. She loves both cooking and healthy eating (which, oops, maybe I didn’t send enough healthy items!). I sent her some of my favourite Thai green and red curry pastes, Italian bruschetta mix and mushroom sauce from our local Italian market, chocolate dipped cookies, a strawberry yoghurt Milka chocolate bar (my friend Kristal’s favourite), two small Ritter chocolate bars and little jelly beans. Based on her email to me when she received it, it sounds like she enjoyed her package!
The Foodie Pen Pals program will go on a short hiatus for the month of June and I may not be able to take part in the month of July, so this will be my last Foodie Pen Pals post for a few months. If you want to join in on the fun, please check out the Foodie Pen Pals page to learn more about the program.
P.S. Today I was featured in an interview with Blog Expat – would love it if you checked it out!