Foodie Pen Pals is back on Kaffee und Kuchen!
If you missed my first Foodie Pen Pals post in February, you can check out what this fun foodie package swap program is all about here: My First Foodie Pen Pals Experience. You can also read about what I got in my March Foodie Pen Pals, April Foodie Pen Pals and May Foodie Pen Pals packages.
After a few months off, I was able to participate in the Foodie Pen Pals program again this month. The program was on hiatus in June and I wasn’t able to take part in July or August so by September I was itching to participate again!
This was my second time receiving a package from England. I was matched with the lovely Caitlin who blogs over at The Pocahontas Files. After we had been assigned our pen pals for the month, Caitlin contacted me right away and asked me what items I liked. Since she was also heading off on a trip to Portugal, she asked me if I’d like any Iberian specialties – how thoughtful!
As per usual, I was filled with glee the day my buzzer rang announcing the arrival of my Foodie Pen Pals package. Caitlin has some pretty amazing Tetris-packing skills because everything fit into the box just so!
This was the first time I’ve ever received items from 3 countries in one package – what a treat!
- Graze Mini Strawberry & Banana and Veggie Protein Power fruit and nut snack packs. So excited to munch on these! Caitlin gets these delivered to her doorstep every fortnight – I wonder if I can organize a similar service here in Germany…?
- Pear and kiwi jam (handmade in Devon) – I need to spread this on a scone pronto!
- Apple liqueur from Cheddar Gorge (original home of cheddar cheese!) – I’m thinking of making a fall-themed cocktail of some kind with this. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe an apple sangria of some sort?
- A beeswax candle in the shape of a beehive – I love candles so that was a fun, non-edible surprise!
- Chai tea sachets – Looking forward to drinking a mug of this one evening while watching Downton Abbey (now that I’m hooked!)
- Fish pâté – Caitlin saw it everywhere in Portugal. I think I’ll try this on some crackers. Anyone have a good German cracker suggestion? I haven’t had much success in locating a yummy cracker.
- Honey – We love honey and I often cook or bake with it, so this will definitely get used in the near future.
- Key West Seasoning spices – Caitlin bought this on a recent trip to the US. Recommended as seasoning for fish, poultry or pork. I’m still deciding what I’ll make with this – seasoned chicken breasts? Pork roast? Mmm, the possibilities!
Thank you so much Caitlin for a delicious and multi-national Foodie Pen Pals package this month!
My Foodie Pen Pal that I sent a package to this month was Evette from the UK. She blogs over at Bizzimummy. I haven’t heard word yet if Evette received my package but I really hope it’ll be there soon if it’s not there already since I sent it over 2 weeks ago. Evette told me she liked sweet things so I sent her some speculoos cookies that I picked up in France, a strawberry yoghurt Ritter chocolate bar and gummy candies. I also included some savoury items like an arrabbiatta pasta sauce mix, chicken soup mix, a mango curry seasoning mix, as well as some vanilla rooibos tea sachets. I hope she liked it!
Want to participate in Foodie Pen Pals next month? Head on over to the Foodie Pen Pals page to learn more about how to get involved. The deadline to sign up is the 4th of each month. Happy sending!