Jennifer from American Faultier nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you for the nomination – that was a fun surprise!
This blogging award is similar to The Liebster Award in that bloggers nominate fellow bloggers for the award and pose some questions for them to answer.
1) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link them in your post.
2) Answer the ten questions you have been sent.
3) Come up with 10 questions of your own.
4) Spread the love and nominate up to 10 bloggers!
Here are the questions Jennifer asked me (and my answers below):
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name? (Not an original question – I stole it from a Twitter Chat, but it’s really good!)
I have always liked the German tradition of Kaffee und Kuchen (enjoying a slice of cake with a nice cup of coffee in the afternoon). I thought it would be a cute name given that I’m now living in Germany and I think of my blog as a way of having virtual ‘coffee talk’ with my family, friends and readers.
2. What is your dream pet? If you don’t like animals, what would your dream robot be like?
My dream pet? Hmmm….that’s a tough one. I think I would pick a robot instead who makes me dinner.
3. If you had the chance to travel to space, would you go? Why or why not?
Absolutely not. Space freaks me out. I’m sure I would start hyperventilating.
4. If you had infinite money, what would your house look like?
I would pick a house with an ocean/lake view, comfy furniture, a state of the art kitchen (gas burners! giant fridge!), and lots of windows. Also some nice bookshelves and artwork!
5. What is your favorite book and why?
I love reading but I can honestly say I don’t have a favourite book. My new favourite genre is travel writing. A few books that I especially enjoyed are Elizabeth Bard’s “Lunch in Paris” and Ann Vanderhoof’s Caribbean memoirs “An Embarrassment of Mangoes” and “A Spice Necklace”.
6. What is the most difficult part of blogging for you?
For me, it would be blogging consistently or routinely. I know some bloggers post once a day or once a week on a certain day of the week but I don’t think I could keep to a fixed schedule like that. Sometimes I don’t have anything in particular to write about and other times I have 3 posts in the works at once.
7. How do you overcome #6 or make it less difficult?
I started using an editorial calendar plugin a few months ago to help me plan my posts in advance and space them out. You can drag and drop blog posts and edit or delete them as you like. It also helps you see at a glance what your week or month will look like in terms of your scheduled posts so you can add or shift content around as needed.
Despite trying to use an editorial calendar, I’m still working on writing posts more regularly. If someone has tips for this, I’m all ears!
8. If you could choose an author to write the rest of your life for you, who would you choose and why?
Ha ha – probably J. K. Rowling. A touch of magic in my muggle life wouldn’t hurt!
9. eBooks or paper books? Why?
I can’t believe I’m about to admit this, but eBooks. I was always a paper book fan until I got curious and bought an eReader a few years ago. They’re great for reading on the go. My Kobo is amazingly lightweight and you can adjust the brightness to read indoors or outdoors easily. The battery life is spectacular – you can read for at least 1 month without recharging it. I’m an eBook believer!
10. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? Why?
I’m most definitely an introvert. I tend to get a little wound up if I don’t have some down time. I once read that extroverts use social interactions to ‘charge their batteries’ while introverts use time alone to ‘recharge their batteries’. I thought that summed up the whole extrovert/introvert paradigm quite nicely.
- What do you mostly blog about?
- What is the best city you have travelled to and what are your recommended ‘must sees’ in that city?
- What 3 items do you always pack on a trip?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever had and where did you have it?
- Which destination is on your ‘must see’ list? Why?
- What’s your favourite way to spend a free weekend afternoon?
- Who would you pick to go on a cross-country road trip with you? Why?
- What are your blogging goals for the coming year?
- What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written? Please share the link!
- What’s a new blogging skill that you’ve learned recently?
- The Slow Pace
- Baked It
- Europe Diaries
- Expat Life (With a Double Buggy)
- Wonderful Wanderings
- Ami in Schwabenland
- Dubliner in Deutschland
- American in Vienna
Thanks again Jennifer for the nomination and spread the blog love everyone!